NOTE: If you are a WEBTV user, please click here for a WEBTV friendly application form.
If you would like to volunteer to be an Emergency Preparedness Block/Community Coordinator
for your neighborhood, AND/OR are an Amateur Radio Operator willing to
provide emergency communications capabilities, simply fill in the registration form below. You'll
receive a confirmation email that tells you how to access our Community
Coordinator area, which will give your the information and tools you need
to immediately begin helping your neighborhood with Emergency Preparedness,
and make contacts with key Emergency Response/Aid agencies in your area.
Participants will also be given access to the private, secure notification and
bulletin system in an enhanced monitoring icon. The system requires NO special
hardware and/or software. In most cases, if you are seeing this page, the
system can activate itself on your system. They system will:
You can designate that bulletins also be directed to your E-Mail, or even to
your text messaging capable cell phone if you will be away from your computer.
- Monitor for and pop up notifications/bulletins from:
- National Weather Service weather bulletins for YOUR area
- Breaking News headlines from major media outlets.
- Bulletins from local, state, federal, public and private emergency management agencies, including the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Provide "LIVE AID" communications with EMCOM and participating agencies.
- Provide 'click' access to state and federal agencies, news and weather sites
- Much, much more.
Besides the basic
monitoring, the icon window will depict a complete menu system of links to
pertinent agencies/web pages across the internet, and pages within the
EMCOM system that will aid you in helping your neighbors to become
prepared for all types of emergency situations.
As we prepare training, schedules for on-line sessions will be posted
on our pages. Additionally, we will be shortly be implementing our "Live Aid"
communications that will allow you to chat one-on-one with our Emergency
Management personnel both to answer your questions, and when requesting
aid or instructions during an emergency.
Copyright © 1999-2001 by Eric Forsman
All Rights Reserved