Welcome to the
EMCOM / PageUpdate
Universal Emergency Notification System
The World's Most Advanced, Integrated Emergency Notification System...
Public Agencies, Local/State Governments, Emergency Management Organizations...
With one message entry, you can now notify any organization, group, sub-group, or the public via:
Messages are received by your targeted audience within seconds of you issuing the notification, not hours like with dial-out systems; and at a fraction of the the cost!
- Satellite based WeatherAlert 2000 Emergency Notification radios... (Pictured at right);
- Pop-Up Windows on audience's computers, regardless of their computer type,
operating system or browser type, and neither you nor they have to download or
install any software;
- Via E-Mail
- Cell Phone (text messaging) Notification
- Pager (text messaging) Notification
- Phone notificaiton (from neighborhood community emergency coordinators) to people without computers, cell phones, pagers, etc.
The base system is tied in to:
- The National Weather Service, so that users receive immediate notifications for their own area within seconds of being issued.
- The National Emergency Notification network to receive notifications and
bulletins from Federal agencies including the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEM), the FBI, Center for Disease Control, etc.
- National Media for breaking national news
- EMCOM Notification and Emergency Warning System and its nationwide network
of neighborhood based Community Emergency Preparedness Coordinators
- Town, City, County and State Governments and Emergency Management Offices.
The system allows users to take advantage of multiple communications "channels" to group their communications as they see fit. Additionally, Internet, E-Mail, Cell Phone and Pager notifications can be individually targeted by/to:
Additionally, the system also provides "EMAlert" web site notification
services. EMAlert is a few lines of code that are added to participating
agency's Internet Web Pages, that allow the system to generate a "pop-up"
window when users arrive at the page... ONLY when there are specific
emergency notifications in effect for the agency's area. These can be any
kind of alert, including alerts issued by the agency. There is nothing
to remember to maintain on the web site. Once a bulletin or notification
is issued, the site will begin displaying it immediately, beginning with
the next user to use the system. (Activates within 5 seconds of a notification being issued.
- Departments within an agency;
- By Agency or group of agencies, media or the general public;
- By Incident - (To participating agencies, or to the public by a user;
defined distance from the incident point... i.e. within 5 miles of point X;
- By town/city, county, zip code, state or other geographic reference;
- By user defined distance from any of the defined geographic points;
- or any combination of the above.
The EMCOM / Page Update system is the most comprehensive, fully integrated
notification system available in the world. A notification needs to be
entered (typed or "pasted") into a web page just once, and the message
is broadcast to every targeted user, via satellite, internet, etc.
Cities can notify residents of water/gas line breaks, landslides, road
closures, or anything else within minutes, not hours, wherever their
residents happen to be: home, work, or on the go!
The Universal Emergency Notification System is a joint project of the EMCOM
Project, and Page Update, Inc.
Page Update is now the second largest emergency notification service in the world, soon to be first. Tens of thousands of individuals, agencies and organizations
rely on the notifications they receive, including through the WeatherAlert 2000
satellite based, emergency notification system.
The EMCOM organization is a nationwide network of neighborhood based Community
Emergency Preparedness Coordinators who lead their neighborhoods in establishing
preparedness in their communities, including providing residents with
emergency preparedness information and checklists, establishing assembly areas,
and post-emergency back-up communications. EMCOM provides coordinators with
their proprietary Notification and Emergency Warning System (NEWS), as a key me
ans of emergency notification.